22 December 2017

10 Most Popular Tang Dynasty Poems in Hong Kong, Top 5 香港最受歡迎十首唐詩之前五名

On 12 November 2017, I posted here "10 Most Popular Tang Dynasty Poems in Hong Kong, Second 5" (link), being my rendition of poems #6 to #10 on that list of 10.  To complete the list, I am giving you today my rendition of the top 5 poems.  Again, for my notes, please go to the links attached to the respective poems. 


FIFTH <#5> 第五名:樂游原    作者:李商隱
      向晚意不適,驅車登古原。
      夕陽無限好,只是近黃昏。

      Li Shangyin (813-858): Ascending the Pleasurable Plateau

      It’s late in the day, my heart’s not well at ease;

      To the ancient plateau, up, in a carriage I go.
      Sublime is the time while the sun is yet to set;
      Too soon, alas, is dusky darkness to follow.


李商隱生活的時代,李唐王朝已經日薄西山。他躊躇滿志,卻無力施展自己的抱負,只能鬱鬱寡歡。這首詩不僅是對夜晚景色的描寫,也是對時代和自己發出的一聲慨歎。

FOURTH <#4> 第四名:登鸛雀樓    作者:王之渙
      白日依山盡,黃河入海流。
      欲窮千里目,更上一層樓。

      Wang Zhihuan (688-742): Ascending the Stork Tower

      Over the mountains, the white sun daily sets,   
      And into the ocean, the Yellow River flows.
      Wishing to eye---the view of a thousand miles,   
      A floor, a floor more: up the stairs one goes.


這首詩將普通的登高望遠寫出了豪邁的氣勢,全是不僅形式優美,其中蘊含的進取精神更是讓後人動容。沈德唐詩別》中選錄這首詩時曾指出:四語皆對,讀來不嫌其排,骨高故也。” 有人將這首詩評為五絕之首。

THIRD <#3> 第三名:靜夜思    作者:李白
       床前明月光,疑是地上霜。
       舉頭望明月,低頭思故鄉。

       Li Bai (701-762): Night Thoughts

       Before my bed, the moon shines bright;

       Be it frost aground? I suppose it might.
       I lift my head, the moon to behold, then
       Lower it, musing: I'm homesick tonight.
 

  
西元726年,李白時年26歲,旅居揚州。在一個月明星稀的夜晚,詩人抬望天空一輪皓月,思鄉之情油然而生,寫下了這首傳誦千古、中外皆知的名篇。這首詩上至八十歲老者,下到三歲孩童都能背誦,婦孺皆知,流傳千古。

SECOND <#2> 第二名:清明    作者: 杜牧
       清明時節雨紛紛,路上行人欲斷魂。
       借問酒家何處有,牧童遙指杏花村。

       Du Mu (803-852): Qingming, Early April

       
‘Tis Qingming, early April, a season of mizzles and gloom
       Away from home, a wayfarer, faring into gloom and doom.
       O where can be found a tavern, my good lad, if I may ask? 
       There! points the herd-boy to a village where apricots bloom. 

   
清明節,趕上紛紛細雨,淋雨的行人們落魄斷魂,詢問酒家在哪裡,牧童指了指杏花村。
這首詩全篇無一個典故,平實近人,音節活潑,讀起來朗朗上口。

FIRST <#1> 第一名:遊子吟    作者:孟郊
       慈母手中線,遊子身上衣。
       臨行密密縫,意恐遲遲歸。
       誰言寸草心,報得三春暉。
       Meng Jiao (751-814): Song of the Travelling Son - Written at Liyang on Mother's Arrival 

       Sewing-thread in hand, the loving mother;
       Clothes for the son to wear, her travelling son.
       On and on she sews, his leaving now nears;
       Stitch on stitch, she fears -- a delayed reunion.
       How shall my heart of a mere grass seedling, ever
       Repay the embracing rays of her ever spring sun!

   

每一次離開時,最捨得就是母親。母親給予我們的太多,而我們所能回報的卻是少之又少。也許孟郊的這首詩不能是第一,但是母愛第一卻是當之無愧。



2 comments:

Ray Heaton said...

Thanks, Andrew, for this and the previous #10 to #6 list!

I have copied the list of the top ten poets (well nine really, as Li Bai gets two appearances) to my Facebook group, along with a link back here.

I'm a little surprised that Wang Wei doesn't make the top 10!

#10 He Zhizhang
#9 Li Bai
#8 Li Shen
#7 Bai Juyi
#6 Meng Haoran
#5 Li Shangyin
#4 Wang Zhihuan
#3 Li Bai
#2 Du Mu
#1 Meng Jiao

Paleo Recipes said...

Great blog I enjoyed reading it.

 

Classical Chinese Poems in English

Loading...

Search This Blog

Followers